Saturday, August 31, 2013

I got half a mind to scream out loud...I got half a mind to die...

I hadn't heard that song in YEARS until today when I put in one of my super old CDs on during our ride to Fort Bridger, WY.

So how have things been?

Not so great, but I'm hanging in there, Slightly anyway. Josh said if going to Bridger didn't help perk me up, he was committing my dumb ass. Woohoo for loving husbands!

But for right now, I am actually feeling better. Two nights ago when I took a couple to many pills wasn't such a great moment, but hey, it's over and done with. I'm bipolar, I'm going to make my mistakes here and there, and although it's taken me a few days to start feeling normal, no harm, no foul with that.

I've discovered that more people I ever imagined are reading my blog and finding something from it. Josh read this book, Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl, and I'm reading it too now and it talks about how you have to have a sense of purpose for your suffering, right? And if you can understand why you suffer, then you find meaning in life. And he says that I've taken my suffering from being bipolar and turned it into this blog, which gives me meaning and purpose for living. It doesn't seem very glamorous or life changing, my purpose just is to blog about the ups and downs of bipolar disorder, but maybe he's right. Maybe here in my small corner of the world, I am making a difference by writing about living with this. I may never be a famous, world renowned writer, bu I know people are reading what I have to say, and gaining something from it. I can survive on that for now.

Here's that song for anyone who's interested, btw :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekgb5oJSobU

No comments:

Post a Comment