Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Profound moments in my life...one of them anyway,

Who's having a Terrific Tuesday?

So far I am!

The mail hasn't run yet, so it could change after that happens. Yesterday was a total Manic Monday, complete with me waking up at 6, cleaning my kitchen, and working on other neglected parts of my house, then going to the local water park, then running my oldest to her extracurricular events, and then me going shopping, finally. Whew! It was a super busy day. I'm continuing on with that business today by finishing up what needs to be done in my living room, starting on laundry, and taking my oldest to baseball and then going to class. I didn't get up at 6 this morning though, I slept in til 8:30.

I wish I didn't have to dread mail time so much, it seems like all we get is bad news :( We got a huge blow on Thursday, not by mail, but by text message. My husband found out that his company is shutting down his job, and he will be unemployed as of June 14, 2014. It was a terrible thing to happen, especially since we found out at the hospital while waiting for our little one to go in for surgery. It totally added extra stress on to an already stressful day :(

I'm really nervous about what the future holds right now, I mean I have faith that my husband will find suitable employment within the year, but it's still scary because that's not a guarantee.

Anywho, back to my terrific Tuesday..I'm not going to let my fears of the future ruin my good mood at the moment. I want to share with you some events from the weekend. I came to a profound conclusion this weekend. Here's a little background to put it in context. I'm a slob. I hate cleaning, I hate cooking, I hate doing dishes, doing laundry, you name it, if it comes to housekeeping, I despise it. So what that means is I avoid doing it, and procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate. Thus, my house quickly turns into a disaster zone that really should be condemned as unsuitable for living. It doesn't help that I have 4 kids that think it's totally okay to pull toys out, but not put them back. Plus it's super tedious, repetitive, and unrewarding to do the same things day in and day out with hardly any recognition.

But then I had my 'Eureka!' moment. I realized that for the last year, I've woken up every morning under the assumption that since I didn't have to go anywhere that day, I had nothing to do. I suddenly realized that nothing was farther from the truth! I had plenty to do, I just wasn't seeing it! I decided then and there that I would approach every day as accepting I have work to do, and planning out how I will accomplish my work for the day, how many hours I will work, and what will get done on each day. I've also decided that instead of doing laundry all in one big conglomerated mess, I would do one person's laundry everyday, and rest on Sunday. So my tentative plan is to clean the kitchen on Mondays, clean the living room on Tuesdays, clean the family room on Wednesdays, and work on the kids' room on Thursdays. My oldest does her own laundry, and she chose Mondays to do hers, so I'll do my next child's on Tuesday, then my son's, then the baby's, then mine, and finishing with my husband's stuff on Saturday.

Simple enough right? With any luck, this change of attitude will help me become a better housekeeper and finally have a house that I'm not embarrassed for people to come over to. The only thing that worries me is I know there will be setbacks, simply because I won't always feel this good. Is it wrong that I am insanely jealous of people who don't have to go to bed scared of what the next day holds in store for them? They don't go to sleep worried their good mood and energy won't be there the next day when they wake up. Meh.

My terrific Tuesday seems to have come to an end. (I had to pause my blogging and deal with real life for a bit.) I had to do a lot of running around outside in 100 degree weather, and that always puts me in a bad mood. Plus, I had all intentions of cooking an awesome dinner for everyone, but now it's too late because the oldest has baseball in an hour,

But wait...duh, duh, duuuuuuh! My good mood is back! My husband got some excellent news on the job fron today! He has a phone interview with a company tonight, a recruiter he's been working with has e-mailed him about potential jobs, and the company he last interviewed with said they'd try to get him to the top of the interviewing list for the 3 other positions open there! Being bipolar sucks, I love it so much!

Now if only all the other dominoes in our life that are out of whack would fall into place...like our student loan problems, and especially the tax thing. The state tax commission sent us a letter letting us know that they want *more* money from our wages, they just didn't bleed us dry enough the last time. I'm so sick of this crap, I just wish the entire IRS would become infected with a killer virus that destroyed every last bit of data they have and then maybe we could get some respite. I'm sure there are other people out there who would appreciate this as well. It'd be nice if my husband got a much better paying job so we could afford a tax lawyer, then maybe things would improve dramatically., who knows? It doesn't seem likely that will happen, but that's where faith comes in. I'll continue to pray that Josh finds another job that actually pays enough for us to live on and actually save a little, just as I'll continue to pray that the IRS implodes like Wall Street and the housing market did 5 years ago. I wonder which prayer God will answer first :)

As always, I think comments are the best part of any blog, so please add your opinions down below!

1 comment: