Friday, June 21, 2013

Writer's block

I think I have it.

I just don't know what to write about. I have so many topics in my head, but I can't think of one that I know enough about to make a decent blog out of it. I want to write about what it's like vacationing when you have a mental illness, but I don't see there being much interest in that, and it'd just be based off my experiences I had on my last trip. Or I could write about what I would do if a cure for bipolar disorder was discovered. Would I take it or not? I feel like I'm living in the movie X-Men talking about that. Like I'm some kind of mutant or something. Or I could write about the misconceptions of mental illness in the media and how a person who is mentally ill is more likely to be the victim of a crime versus the perpetrator. Or what about the link between bullying and suicide?

See all the crazy thoughts that run through my head? My therapist recommended I write about apathy and what it does to you, or maybe about how feeling emotions is a long an painful process to go through. I liked those ideas, so I think I'll take her advice and blog about those topics. One for you guys, and hopefully one to be published! Fingers crossed that happens again!

No comments:

Post a Comment