Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 6: A not so ordinary day...no schema therapy today :):

I think writing all these posts are dragging me down because I've really been struggling to stay 'upbeat and positive' the last few days. I've been sleeping more, and dragging more, and had a lot less motivation to get things accomplished. Everyone has been complaining about it, my husband is upset at the state of the house, my mum thinks I'm spiraling into a depression, and I feel like the world is blah. I've got to keep plugging along though, if I can just pull through I think it will ultimately be beneficial.

So we've discussed my mistrust/abuse schema, and the defectiveness/shame schema. I feel like I've made excellent progress in understanding them and myself better, but today I'll work on another topic and ponder on the ways I can change how I view the world.


This has been a hard day for me to write and keep on going with the schema topic. I haven't mentioned this before because it hasn't come up, but my husband was told that he was losing his job 3 weeks ago. He had a year to find new employment or else he could relocate to Oregon and work there. Well, my husband didn't like those options, so he brushed off the dust on his resume, sent it out, had some interviews and just got offered a job today! We're so excited, but I'm petrified at the same time.


It's an awesome pay raise, which our family could use, seeing as we've been barely scraping by, but the thing that scares me the most is the insurance changes. You see, I'm quite involved with how our insurance works, due to my extensive health problems and such. We have excellent benefits, and thanks to my hospital stay back in March, we maxed out our of pocket out early in the year. So we paid nothing for doctor visits and don't (or didn't) have to pay anything until the end of the year. 


Now that Josh is changing jobs, I'm suddenly forced to make a command decision on which of the two insurance options I should go with, which is best for our family, and what is going to be most cost effective in the long run. It's a lot of pressure to be under, and I can't get any answers from BCBS until Monday when they are open again. So I get to spend all weekend stewing and worrying about stuff until I can get my questions answered.


The one thing I'd like to emphasize here has nothing to do with insurance, or pay raises, or any mundane things like that. I've been worried about the job thing for the last 3 weeks. I've spent a lot of time in prayer pondering this matter and praying for a miracle to happen. I never lost sight of the fact that God works on his own time, and I had to go about patiently doing my part while I waited for him to answer my prayer, but I still kept the faith that God had heard my pleadings and would ultimately open a door that led to what was best for us. And he did! 


I know from hard experience not all prayers are answered in 3 weeks, or answered so clearly, but this is such a blessing for our family.


It is creating some stresses for us because he will now be commuting to work whereas before he worked 3 minutes away. We only have one car that is fit for that kind of driving, but it is also the only car that will fit our entire family, so we'd be stranded at home all day if he were to take that car. We want to eventually move closer to his job and there is a house that is practically begging us to move into it, but our lease here isn't up until March. I would love to see if our landlords would let us break our lease, but we can't afford to lose our deposit. I know it wouldn't be difficult at all to find new tenants here, our neighbor just rented her house out and it took less than 2 weeks for her to find someone appropriate to move in. First world problems eh?


This wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't have 2 kids in grade school and our lease being up in the middle of the school year. The other thing that saddens me is the fact that I love our ward, I love our home (even if it is a bit cramped at the moment, lol), and I especially love the school the kids go to. I guess I need to spend more time on my knees to get help in working out this conundrum, eh? 


Not to be all preachy, but I know I'm nothing without the help of my Heavenly Father, and it helps keep humble...or at least I try to stay humble. I struggle at times, just like every other mortal, but miracles like these only increase my faith and help strengthen my testimony. I hope that this story can help you see the hand of God in all things, and be reminded that He loves you just as much as he loves my family, and He's there waiting for you to turn to Him when you need Him.


I've loved each and every one fo you who have taken the time to read my blog and especially those of you who have taken the time to comment. I know your lives get busy, so I especially appreciate you. What's going on in your life right now? Good or bad, I want to know. Let me be a listening ear in addition to just a mouth on the web.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been and are going through a lot. I hope things start to turn around for you and your family. Best of luck.

    Spreading the comment love from the UBC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love, it's always appreciated. Will send some back soon!

      Delete
  2. As for telling the story being something that is dragging you down, I'm sure it is. One of the very first things I tell my clients is to stop telling and re-telling about what they do not want. Also, to stop labeling themselves with what they do not want.

    As a Life Coach, it is a bit of a challenge to read posts where I feel I can help someone but it is not my place.

    All I can do is suggest that maybe you read some more of my posts and sign up for my free daily email coaching....this is not an ad, I don't care if you ever spend a dime with me.

    It just keeps tugging at my heart strings to do something more to help you.

    :-)

    Kathy
    kathyhadleylifecoach.com

    Visiting from UBC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. I'm doing what I can to change my negative energy into positive energy, but when you're doing it by yourself, and feel like you're a fish on a bicycle, it makes for a rough road to travel at times. I hope that sentence made at least a little bit of sense to you. I'm doing the best I can change me, even if I don't have the full toolkit, I'm using what tools I can. And I have been visiting your blog regularly. I always leave it feeling more hopeful.

      Delete